Friday, August 12, 2011

August 12, 2011 - Buca Birthday Date

Today was great because I got some nice time to myself.  I love my boys more than anything in the world, but it is really nice to have some time for myself too.  Ollie didn't stay with Nana and Papa since he is still nursing.  He woke up at 6:00, which was kind of a bummer, but, after playing for about an hour, he went back to sleep until 9:30.  So...so did I!  It was so great!  I n.e.v.e.r get to sleep in so it was really, really, really nice!  Every once in a while Devin will get up with the boys on the weekend and let me stay in bed, (and even then my sleep is interrupted with noises from the boys playing) but pretty much since Ollie was born, I'm up early to feed him every day.  So, anyway, I really enjoyed the peace and quiet that allowed me to sleep in.  After a nice workout and playing with Ollie, I put him back down for his nap and was able to do some playing with my new phone to get it set up and synced with my desktop.  Uninterrupted computer time is also something I don't enjoy much of, so that was really nice too.

After Devin got off, we dropped Ollie off with Nana and Papa and headed out for date number two for the week.  Multiple birthday celebrations are so great.  I don't think I've celebrated my own this many times in one year before, but I think I want this to happen every year!  It was once again so wonderful to spend the time with Devin.  Having him gone Monday through Thursday nights (and every other Saturday) is really hard for me.  I love when we get time together.  Our date was amazing, then we picked up the kids and headed home just in time to watch an episode of Smallville, only one of the best shows ever!

We still have our movie gift card (none of the times worked for our schedule today) and my pedi gift card for next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment