Thursday, August 11, 2011

August 11, 2011 - My Birthday

Today is my birthday!  I had lots of favorite moments.  The first was when I went out to the kitchen to get breakfast and saw the bowl of cream of wheat Devin had made for me.  It's one of my favorites!

Later, Devin came home for lunch and made sure the boys' meals were all taken care of - including dishes!  Then, my mom took me, the boys, Jeni, and Joshua all out for ice cream.  We got Thrifty ice cream, which was super yummy!  Poor Ollie was jealous he couldn't have any yet!  He just got Cheerios!

After coming back from ice cream, I got ready and took the boys to spend the night at Nana's so I could go to my Relief Society meeting since Devin wouldn't be home to leave them with.  I opened my present from the family of a nail salon gift card (for a pedi), a movie theater gift card, and dinner gift card to my favorite, Buca de Beppo, plus free babysitting!  Another date night!

So off to Relief Society I went, happy to know I would have the day to myself (and Ollie) until Devin got home from work when we would go out for another date together!

And...between there sometime my mom and dad brought me a cupcake with a candle so I could make a wish.  It was sweet.

That night, Nana had to call because Jaxon was upset that he forgot to give me my birthday card.  What a sweet little boy!  He told me he did not want me to be sad and think he forgot about my birthday.  I told him I knew he did not forget because he gave me super big birthday hugs earlier and it would be okay for him to make a card tomorrow.  He feet better after we talked for a little bit.  That boy has such a tender little heart.  I hope he stays sweet and kindhearted.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment