Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 22, 2011 - Adore

Today my favorite moment happened when I was sitting in on a game of Scrabble with my brother, Joshua, and his friend.  Joshua said, "Oh my G.."  When he realized he said it, he looked at me and apologized a few times and I could tell he genuinely felt bad.  I appreciated that he was sorry for using a name I consider sacred in front of me.  But the best part was when he apologized again and said, "I adore you."  I was so surprised I wasn't sure he was talking about me so I asked in disbelief, "Me?"  "Yeah, you" he said and he went on to tell his friend that I ran a marathon and am doing another one and am "awesome" and a "great mom."  I could not believe he thought and was saying those nice things.  I had no idea he thought that about me.  It wasn't the fact that I was hearing all these nice things about me.  But what was really special was to know he truly liked me.  It seems silly, but if you knew me and my brother and our relationship, there have been times I wasn't even sure he liked me.  It really meant a lot to learn that he not only likes me, but "adores" me.  It was really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment