Friday, September 2, 2011

September 2 [again], 2011 - Oma

Today my favorite moment was while I was talking to Oma in the car.  She needed me to take her to pick up some medicine.  In an effort to make conversation on the drive, I asked her what one of the most special moments of her life was.  Without more than a moments pause, she said, "When I got married."  She continued, "Second was when I went through the temple."  I almost couldn't speak because it brought tears to my eyes.  I was so emotional for a few reasons:  I felt so blessed that for me, those moments were the same... marriage and temple.  Also, because it has been a while since my Opa died, we don't talk about him as much.  It was nice to feel how much she loved him.  And then to hear how important the gospel is to her was amazing too.

It was fun to hear to tell about the day they were married in a church that her father in law built the pews for.  And about how many of the 150 guests were their friends from their folk dancing group.

I should ask her questions more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment