Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011 - Henry's Saguaro

Today my favorite moment was when we were walking out of the doctor's office where Ollie had his immunizations.  Henry was trying to tell me something but I didn't really understand.  "Mommy, that's swore-o.  That's swore-o."  When I finally figured out he was saying "saguaro"  I was so excited because we recently read a new book for bedtime stories called The Seed and the Giant Saguaro, where he learned about saguaro cacti and because he recognized a real one all on his own meant that he learned!  I always love it when my boys learn something, no matter how small.  It helps me feel successful and like all my efforts pay off little by little.

PS  The Seed and the Giant Saguaro is a great book and it's fun to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment