Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011 - He Knows

Today my favorite moment happened while I was nursing Ollie before putting him to bed.  It was a tough day.  Henry was tired and hungry because he got up too early and didn't eat much.  Jaxon cried a lot because Henry wasn't very nice to him because of the above mentioned reasons.  Days like this are challenging.  One high point was when Devin came home at 5:00 instead of 7:00 like I was expecting.  He took advantage of his extra time at home and mowed the jungle we had growing in the backyard.  While Jaxon and Henry were outside with Daddy, I nursed Oliver.  I was completely burnt out.  I was feeling frustrated as I relived moments of my day and feeling guilty for not being more patient when my kids misbehaved.

But as I looked down at Oliver, suddenly I felt so blessed.  I felt my Heavenly Father's love for me.  I felt a confirmation that He knows motherhood can be difficult at times, but He is pleased with my efforts.  He knows I try and though I fail at times, he is glad I still keep trying.  I thought about how some women have difficulty bearing children and I have been extremely blessed with the three I have.  I know that no matter how crazy life might be with them, I would have nothing without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment